Friday, April 18, 2008

Enna Koduma Sir ithu? - #2

I usually have a group of blogs that I usually visit. Usually my brother's blog, his friends, etc. Though they will not have any new posts, I will be browsing the older posts which I have not read. Sometimes, I visit the links from their blog. This way, I could easily get to some good blogs...Well..sort of....

Recently, I visited this blog of Chinmayi from Senni anna's blog. She writes her day to day activities and mostly about her songs. The details on the latest serials, tv shows that she sing, etc. I absolutely have no problem in that. After all, thatz the blogs have been created for...diaries on internet..

The problem that I saw was with the comments.. See some sample....

"hope u host it again..the whole programme last got a huge branding advantage becos of the "Chinmayyi" factor ..so definitely , u gotta rock again..and one small request do sing a couple of songs in this series atleast ..good luck to u chinmayyi :)"

"nice blog....the way you post is really good...."

"Hi!I just wonder, how lucky you are to be a part of all these events and shows. It's cool right? I know, ur hard work is behind the scene. ah.. thanks for your effort to share ur experience."

And most of the comments came for the posts regarding the TV serials.

As of my knowledge, atleast in India, the blogs are used mostly by well educated people like software engineers, etc.

Sorry..if I might sound ridiculous... But, I wanted to say the following lines when I see the people (given the above comments)

"Enna Koduma Sir ithu?"

8 comments:

Seenivasan said...

I dont see anything wrong with that. She is an upcoming celebrity who is gaining a lot of fainfare. Fans post their comments...do u have any problems with that? :)

Sarangan Rajamanickam said...

Anna..hearing good songs and appreciating things is different... But the 'fans union' we see in that blog is totally different....

A Software engineer hearing Chinmayee's song is perfectly acceptable.. He has good taste of music.. But if the same software engineer writes the following comment "one small request do sing a couple of songs in this series atleast" God...It sounds like a dialogue from Rajini Rasigar manram ...... Thatz the problem....

Being a fan of music shows good taste.. but that does not mean we have to be the fan of musician...

Siva said...

So you expect all educated people to be intelligent ?

Sarangan Rajamanickam said...

Siva...

kind of intelligent..if thatz the right word...

the more comfortable way to put is the educated people need not be unintelligent...

any way, am not able to understand this 'fan'fare for these celebrities... especially the budding celebrities...

Siva said...

what is unintelligent ? You mean stupid, right ?

Sarangan Rajamanickam said...

yes.. though it might sound rude, when I said unintelligent, I mean stupid.

seeni said...

i dont think being fan and stupidity are equal. I have seen a lot of very very intelligent people being fanatics about some sports person or some cine celebs etc.

Sarangan Rajamanickam said...

anna,

the interpretation is different.. I accept that intelligent people might be fanatics...

Let me take an example.. An Intelligent person who is a fanatic of Sachin..never miss any of this match..will always watch all his previous match... has the complete history of sachin's records on top of his head... All these things are perfectly acceptable.

But, if Sachin is doing some other simple thing..say... "Going to temple"..and if the same intellingent person is trying to get all these details also..(going to temple, sachin spending holidays, sachins hobbies, sachins favorite..etc) then it is not acceptable.

In scenario 1, you are appreciating Sachin for what he is good at.

In scenario 2, you are appreciating Sachin for everything he does because of the scenario 1.
Get the difference...????