Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Top 10 series...

It was as usual a week end. Bored with the MBA preps, I was browsing through the old 'Ananda Vikatan' issues. Just had a skim reading to spot any interesting articles. One of the sections attracted me. It was the Top 10 series. The Top 10 films, the Top 10 books, the Top 10 music etc. Personalities from Various fields were selected to publish their own top 10.

For example Sujatha, Vairamuthu, Kanimozhi, Balumahendra, Gnani. Unni Menon, Jeyakanthan and many other writers, Officers would publish their list weekly. I found 2 uses in these lists. The selection becomes easy for the people like me. Say if Sujatha recomends a book, I could atleast be bit confident that the book is worth reading. The second purpose is the other way round. The list will help to determine the personalities/characterstics of the creator. When I tried to match them for a few persons, it worked fine. Ofcourse, there are exceptions always.....

Now If I think what would be my Top 10 lists, I got the following:

Top 10 Music
1. Sankarabaranam(S.P.B)
2. Sacred Chants Series(Fusion)
3. Harivarasanam..(Jesudas)
4. Vedic Chants(Fusion)
5. Holy Chants-Lord Shiva &Shakthi(Fusion)
6. Kannathil Muthamittal
7. Keerawani(Classical)
8. Thulluvatho Ilamai
9. Muthal Mariyathai
10 Uyire

Top 10 Films
1. Thillana Moganambal
2. Sankarabaranam
3. Sagarasangamam
4. Muthal Mariyadhai
5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
6. Missiamma
7. Nayagan
8. Idhayathai Thirudathe
9. Ayya
10.Anandham

Top 10 Books
1. Ponniyin Selvan - Amarar. Kalki Krishnamoorthi
1. Made in Japan - Akio Morita
1. At the Eleventh Hour - Rajmani Tigunait
1. Lee Iacocca - Lee Iacocca
1. Alai Oosai - Amarar. Kalki Krishnamoorthi
1. The Mckinsey Way - Ethan M. Rasiel
1. Sila Nerangalil Sila Manithargal - Jeyakanthan
1. Business Maharajas - Gita Piramal
1. Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintanence - Robert M. Pirsig

Top 10 Personalities
1. Mahatma Gandhi
2. Raja Raja Chozhan
3. Swami Rama
4. 'Karmaveerar' Kamarajar
5. Swami Vivekananda
6. Lord Krishna
7. Jesudas
8. Rahul Bajaj
9. P.Chidambaram
10.Dhirubhai Ambani

The above list is certainly not the ultimate list. This is just my idea at my current level and state of thinking. Now If I try to judge my character from the above list...... No.. It is not possible for me... You know Self-Analysis is always a tough thing.....

So, how do you feel about the above list? What is your List? Can you determine you character through your list?

1 comment:

Sajjan said...

Where is the top 10 in ur mind???